The Ultimate San Diego Family Guide ™
ADVERTISE | ABOUT SDWITHKIDS | PRIVACY | CONTACT US |MEDIA ROOM
Copyright © 2006-2016 The Teachtopia Network
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Kikuyu Colobus Monkey on Primate Island
San Diego Wild Animal Park Info:
15500 San Pasqual Valley Rd., Escondido
The park is open 365 days each year.
Normal hours: 9 am-5 pm.
Summer hours: 9 am-8 pm.
Admission–Best value tickets (include Journey to Africa tour):
Adults (ages 12+): $35
Children (ages 3-11): $26
What to See and Do at the Wild Animal Park:
1. Journey to Africa: 25 minute guided tram tour into the African savannah and deserts. Meet giraffes, gazelles, rhinos and ostrich!
2. Conservation Carousel: Jump on one of 60 animals and go for a spin.
3. Savanna Cool Zone: Water playpark that helps kids cool off.
4. Petting Kraal and Animal Nursery
5. Mombasa Lagoon: Watering hole for egrets, storks, flamingos and heron.
6. Jameson Research Island: Hear from the animal zookeepers and see the animals up close to learn more about the animals in the park. There is also water play here.
7. Discovery Station: Craft activities, educator presentations, books and puppets will entertain young kids.
8. Balloon Safari: Launch up in the air to get a beautiful view of the lions, giraffes, wildebeest, and gazelle.
9. Animal Trackers live show: Fun game show-themed program which features special animal guests.
10. Bird show: Watch birds in flight, learn their history and more fun facts.