The Ultimate San Diego Family Guide ™
ADVERTISE | ABOUT SDWITHKIDS | PRIVACY | CONTACT US |MEDIA ROOM
Copyright © 2006-2016 The Teachtopia Network
Maritime Museum of San Diego
Maritime Museum Info:
1492 N Harbor Dr., San Diego
The museum is open 365 days every year.
Hours: 9 am-8 pm
Summer hours: 9 am-9 pm
Seniors (62+), students, active military: $13
Children (3-12): $8
Parking: Park in metered spaces on the street as well as paid lots nearby.
Star of India
Why Visit the Maritime Museum in San Diego?
1. Climb on the San Salvador: the first European vessel to reach the West Coast.
2. Take a cruise on the Californian, a replica of a boat that patrolled the California coast during the Gold Rush.
3. Your children will love you for taking them through an actual Soviet-era diesel-electric submarine: the B-39.
4. The HMS Surprise will amaze you: It is a 24-gun British frigate with special exhibits onboard.
5. Learn more about the Star of India: the world’s oldest active sailing ship.
6. Explore the engine room onboard the Steam Ferry Berkeley, which carried thousands of survivors to
safety during the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.
7. Engage in a fierce battle on the Privateer Lynx, a beautiful sailboat that stages historical battle reenactments.